As a TRIO Student Support Services participant, I agree to meet the policies as set forth below:
1. Appointments: I will meet with my SSS Advisor a minimum of once per quarter. Appointments will focus on my educational plan, academic progress, learning strategies, and problem solving support. NO SHOWS: If I miss two or more consecutive appointments without notification to the SSS office or my SSS Advisor, I may lose program benefits. Program benefits may include: one-on-one tutoring, cultural enrichment events, and more. In addition, I will provide the TRIO SSS program my best method of contact.
2. Withdraw: If you withdraw or stop attending classes between fall quarter and the following fall quarter, you may be requested to reapply to continue to utilize TRIO services.
3. Commitment to Attend a Cultural Enrichment Event: If I RSVP to attend an SSS event and then fail to follow through or provide proper notification (Proper notification time frame varies based on event) to the SSS office that I am unable to attend, I will be unable to participate in any more trips for the rest of the year.
4. Tutoring: I will first utilize the free drop-in tutoring available on-campus through the Tutoring Center. If none are available, I will submit a tutor request to TRIO SSS. I will meet with my tutor on a regular basis according to the hours authorized. I will notify the tutor at least 24 hours in advance if I cannot attend the tutoring session. I understand I may lose tutoring benefits should I have more than two NO SHOWS. I also will notify the SSS office within 24 hours should my tutor not show up for a scheduled session.
5. Grades & Academic Deficiency: If I have any “C-“or below grades at midterms, I will meet with my SSS Advisor to discuss academic strategies. If I was academically deficient (Quarter or CUM GPA below 2.0) during the previous quarter, I will complete the Academic Improvement Plan to ensure I am not deficient in subsequent quarters.
6. Degree Requirements: I will become more aware of my degree requirements for my degree/certificate and discuss challenges and needs in obtaining and maintaining good academic standing with my SSS Advisor.
7. Financial Aid and Scholarships: a. If eligible, I will apply for financial aid by completing the FAFSA (at www.svc.edu) b. Regardless of GPA or class standing, I will submit the SVC Scholarship application for the next academic year by the deadline provided to me by SVC. c. If I need assistance in completing the FAFSA or SVC scholarship applications, I will meet with my SSS Advisor.
8. Confidentiality: All issues discussed between you and your SSS Advisor is confidential. However, information relevant to helping solve problems for you may be shared with other SVC staff, unless you instruct us otherwise. If there is an active situation of child abuse or elderly abuse, imminent danger to self or others, or if subpoenaed by the court, the SSS Advisor may be legally obligated to release relevant confidential information.
9. Release of Information: a. At times, SSS will take photos or video of our participants using program services (tutoring, attending workshops or cultural enrichment events, etc.). May we use your likeness in publications, online, etc. to promote our campus and the SSS program? b. May we use your name for recognition in e-mails, newsletters, etc.? For example if you made the President’s Honor Roll, received an award or recognition, or received an internship, etc.
I understand that entering my first and last name below, and submitting this form, constitutes a legal signature. All authorizations for release of information are effective only for the academic year in which they were submitted.